Workshop with Paz Ponce &
Eran Eizenhamer _ 25.08.17
As part of understanding dreams as a story that you share in your everyday life relations, telling, listening and imagining through the exchange of dreams becomes a way of expressing yourself and a form of social gathering in itself. One of the aims of this workshop is to share dreams as a story, practicing a form of dialogue and the second aim is to reflect to which extent these stories have a part in your life, in the perception of the place you live and in the city. Participants of the workshop will later be invited to record their dream and add it to the oral archive published in soundcloud: THE DREAMERS.
The workshop will be hosted at the Studio of Club Real e.V. A Barn (original farmer’s storeroom) in Neukölln/Böhmisches Dorf. The old bohemian district with its small alleys, community gardens and historic architecture will be the scenario we will work with to connect and reflect on the gap between fantasy and reality meeting in dreams.
Produced in the frame of a tandem exchange program organized by Jindas (Lod), Hamekarer (Tel-Aviv), Agora (Berlin) and B_Tour (Berlin). Presented in Berlin as part of “An Invitation: Experimenting with Participation”. 20-26 August 2017, curated by Yael Sherill. The tandem “Participatory Strategies for Mixed Neighborhoods” Lod/Neukölln is supported by a grant from the Stiftung Deutsch-Israelisches Zukunftsforum.
Photo Credits: Joana Dias
“A dreamaturgy for 25 participants”
FIRST ACTION: RECEPTION – ENCOUNTER
– Introduction to the topic / the project frame / the workshop frame
SECOND ACTION: WALKING A STREET – THE STREET OF DREAMS
– Working by pairs.
– tool: ask the person to tell you the dream she/he brought in mind to the workshop
– Rule: try to express yourself in present
– Focus: Listener needs to listen while visualizing the dream.
– Dynamics: First walking is for telling and coming back is for asking questions through the dream. Change partners 5 times
THIRD ACTION: DRAWING MENTAL MAPS
– Examples of mental maps (Eran)
– Explanation of linear recollection: chain of events
– Explanation of associative recollection: concept map
– First draw the street, place the dream inside, compare with other participants
FORTH ACTION: HISTORY JAMM-GUIDED TOUR
– Tour through the RIXDORF Area
– Playing dreams from Lod + Telling accounts from the Archive of the Bohemian Museum of Migration + telling historic dreams: play with densities of biographies and demonumentalization of history
FIFTH ACTION: ROLE PLAYING AND COLLECTIVE DREAM TELLING
– Group dynamic. Tell the dream supporting yourself through the mental map
– Each participant play different roles / perspectives as a technique to go deeper in the story and help the dreamteller advance in their story
- the architect (structures and space perspectives of the dream)
- the choreographer (bodies in space)
- the psychologist (emotions)
- Walter Benjamin / the philosopher (truth approximations)
- the Witch (symbols)
- the Child / the dadaist (absurdity)
- the time traveller (connection with reality)
- Myself (be yourself)
- The title generator / the marketing person (put a title to the dream)
– The collective will dreaming will be edited as a single dream track on THE DREAMERS Oral Archive.
COLLECTIVE DREAMING AUDIO SCRIPT
THE DREAMERS NEUKÖLLN was published as a workshop and the exchange of dreams in this session has been edited as a COLLECTIVE DREAMING SCRIPT by 20 participants.
*Listening tip: you can orientate through the dreams reading the collection of mental maps by each participant below.
Collection of mental maps